Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Green Loop. Today we are taking a closer look booths at the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival.
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is a food lovers dream! But if you’re like me and you say no to meat, it can be a little overwhelming. I have a guide to the best vegetarian options for this year’s festival.
Everybody has that one person in their family with unique eating habits. In our family, that person is me. From a very young age, I knew meat, especially red meat, wasn’t for me. Something about the taste and texture always rubbed me the wrong way. Over the years, I’ve completely eliminated red meat from my diet, but still eat chicken and turkey. But when given a choice, I almost always lean towards vegetarian dishes.
When I visited the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival in 2014, it was hard to find a variety of meat free dishes. Most of the ones I found were desserts or some kind of pasta. Thankfully, as I was reviewing the menus for this year’s festival, I was happy to see so many more options. This year, cultural favorites such as nachos and Korean BBQ are given a vegetarian twist (both of these dishes are not only vegetarian, but vegan as well). All these new (well new to me) additions are making me excited to attend the festival this year.
A Vegetarian’s Guide to Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival
I’ve scoured the menus and have come up with a list of vegetarian offerings. Please note that this is based only on the menus, not on personal experience. If you are concerned whether a dish contains a hidden meat (broth, stock, etc), ask a cast member to make sure.
- Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote
- Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganche
- Brazilian Cheese Bread
The Chew Collective:
- Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli with Rustic Tomato Sauce
- Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with Carmel Drizzle
- Red Wine Chocolate Truffle
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Raspberry Torte
- Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel
- Pimento cheese Dip with Pretzel Crisps
- Pickled Beet Salad with Herbed Goat Cheese
- Creme Brulee Caramel Chocolate
- Vegan Loaded Greek Nachos with Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles and Vegan Tzatziki
- Oikos Greek Yogurt Vanilla Cake soaked in Ouzo with Yogurt Whipped Cream and Pistachios
Greenhouse Guru (by Village Farms):
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese, Aged Balsamic and Micro Basil
- Mini San Marzano Tomatoes
Hops and Barley:
- Freshly Baked Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Irish Cheese Selection Plate
- Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard
- Vegan Korean BBQ with Steamed rice and Cucumber Kimchi
Islands of the Caribbean:
- Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce
- Canoli al Cioccolato (chocolate canoli)
- Grilled Spicy Edemame Tossed with Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce and Chilli Powder
- Flan de Chocolate Abuelita
- Spicy Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onion and Tzatziki Sauce
- Chocolate Baklava
- The Tipsy Lard: Whiskey-soaked Cake with Lemon Cream and Toasted Oats
- Potato Pancake (ask for it without smoked salmon)
Wine and Dine Studios:
- Trio of Artisan Cheese
- Artist Palette of Wine and Cheese
- Dole Whip
- Croissant Doughnut
I can’t wait to try so many of these dishes. The Greek Nachos, Korean BBQ and Hummus Fries are at the top of my list. Even though these are vegetarian, I’m sure even carnivores won’t be able to resist digging in.
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Green | Around the World | Food & Wine Booths Loop:
- 1st Stop – DISTherapy | New Global Marketplaces at 2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- 2nd Stop – Running on Disney | Exploring Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival: Hawaii Global Marketplace
- 3rd Stop – Rolling with the Magic | Food & Wine Must Dos | Greece & France
- 4th Stop – Magical Mickey Tips | Touring Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival Kiosks With Kids
- 5th Stop – Home is Where the Mouse Is | A Vegetarian’s Guide to Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival
- 6th Stop – Running on Disney | Three Drinks You Won’t Want to Miss at Food and Wine