Like many of you, we’re setting a few goals and making a few resolutions for 2017. While each member of our family has personal goals they’d like to attain this year, we can all benefit by making a few promises as a family.
Here are 3 resolutions for our family in 2017.
1. Getting Our Act Together
We’re resolving to take back our sanity this year by getting our home clean and organized. It’s going to take some de-cluttering, some DIY elbow grease, and getting into some better habits to keep a cleaner home. We’re already off to a good start using our new Shark Rocket Complete, which makes things easier.
Not letting the mess pile up is going to be key. Each of us is going to have to do a better job of being responsible for our things on a daily basis. Lisa’s a big fan of the “touch it once” rule. You should only have to handle something one time. Do what needs to be done with it so you don’t have to worry about it after touching it once. This came up mostly in regard to putting stuff where it belongs, but it can be applied to almost anything in life.
It’s not going to be easy, but adopting a “touch it once” policy has potential to really make an impact around here.
2. Making Time
Juggling everything going on in our lives is not easy. It’s been hard to resist the temptation to eat out instead of cooking. We also put off things until tomorrow because we’re too tired or drained. This year, we’re resolving to make time to:
- Plan and cook our meals – Our Nutri Ninja Bowl Duo will help and eating out less will make us healthier and save us money.
- Clean and organize – Coming up with a schedule to maintain the kind of house we won’t feel embarrassed of if someone happened to stop by.
- Exercise and Run – We’ve got runDisney races coming up next month, plus others we might do throughout the year. We recently bought a treadmill, which should help with training.
- Play – Yes, we’re resolving to have more fun together as a family. We’re starting with some family game nights. We’re also taking some ideas from Genius of Play because we agree with them that playing is important for our kids.
3. No Excuses'You can have results or excuses. Not both.'Click To Tweet
This is a personal resolution to stop coming up with reasons for why we can’t do things or accomplish what we do set out to do. It’s a realization that we hold ourselves back, as opposed to being held back by things out of our control. This will be our mantra in 2017.
None of us is perfect, but if we hold each other accountable, we can be a little better this year.
What are your family resolutions for 2017? Let us know in the comments.