What is Disney Vacation Club?
If you’re not sure what it is, Disney Vacation Club, or DVC as it is often called, is Disney’s version of timeshare ownership, except they do it a little bit differently than the traditional timeshares like the one my parents bought into when I was a kid. For a more thorough look at DVC, read our Disney Vacation Club Overview
Is Disney Vacation Club Worth It?
Now, when I first sat down to write this post, I had this plan to stay completely neutral and list all the pros and cons I could find. The real question I kept coming back to was: Are you going to take Disney vacations every year or every couple of years? Because if you were, then DVC makes sense. If not… then it doesn’t.
So the real question is: Are Disney Vacations worth it?
Why Disney Vacation Club is Worth it?
1. Savings. We get to stay in Deluxe Resorts for the price of a Moderate. Sometimes it’s on par with value pricing. When all is said and done after financing and maintenance fees, we’re coming out WAY ahead.
2. Flexibility. We’ve taken multiple short trips some years, and longer trips in others. Before DVC, we were locked into the same old week-long vacation habit.
3. Resort Variety. We’ve been able to try 8 different DVC resorts so far. Each resort has its own unique theme and experiences. We’ve even done some split stays to enjoy the best of two different resorts on the same trip. With two beach resorts, we’ve also been able to change things up with non-park vacations that still have that Disney touch.
4. No Pressure. Knowing we’ll be back again and again makes it so much easier to relax and enjoy ourselves. We can really take advantage of all the amazing resorts have to offer. No more commando vacations spending every waking moment in the parks!
5. Perks. Discounts on shopping, dining and experiences are welcome benefits. The biggest for us are the discounts on Annual Passes and Tables In Wonderland Membership. To this day, one of our most memorable Disney experiences was the free Merry Member Mixer.
So is Disney Vacation Club worth it? For us it definitely is. In hindsight, I wish we had bought more points. Hopefully, we’ll be adding to our membership in the next couple of years. But for now, knowing that we will always have a Disney vacation in the horizon makes the investment in Disney Vacation Club worth the price. If the price is what’s holding you back, consider a resale purchase.
Love Disney vacations? You should look into DVC.