James and I are headed to our first Play Fair and we couldn’t be more excited! Play Fair, the ultimate play experience for families, is taking place November 4&5 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City. The weekend promises to be filled with fun interactive experiences, larger than life displays and opportunities to check out the latest and hottest toys for the holiday season. This year’s Play Fair will be double the size of last year’s event, which means more play time for all attendees!
Play Fair is a colaboration between the Toy Association and LeftField Media and presented by Spin Master and Toys “R” Us. More than 40 exhibitors will be on hand including Cartoon Network, Hasbro, Just Play, K’NEX, LEGO, Midtown Comics, ALEX Brands, Moose Toys, Spin Master, The New York Doll Company, Toys “R” Us, VTech, Kvellix, Inc. (NUTSO) and WowWee. See firsthand which toys, games, and entertainment will be the biggest hits this season, just in time for the holidays.
Play Fair Highlights include:
- Larger-than-life play experiences and stage activities including a MineCraft VR station, ALEX® SPA, LEGO races, a NERF Arena, an augmented reality Ben 10 experience, a Guinness Book of World Record attempt to break the largest slime creation challenge with Maddie Rae’s Slime Glue, Builder demos with Magformers, live product unboxings, Shopkins fashion shows and more!
- Exciting photo opportunities with talent and costume characters from PAW Patrol®, Rusty Rivets, Toys “R” Us’ Geoffrey, Ben 10, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Peppa Pig, SpongeBob SquarePants, Leapfrog’s Scout & Violet, Shopkins, and more!
- Top 2017 holiday toys from drones and blasters to the best in kids’ crafts, collectibles, coding and more!
- Interview opportunities with representatives from more than 40 family entertainment & play companies, executives, and industry experts from The Toy Association.
- Interactive Exhibits – Enter the worlds of your favorite toys and games with hands-on exhibits fostering team-work, discovery, and play.
- Museum Quality Displays – Glimpse vintage toys, rare variants, and mock-ups of upcoming toys to learn about the past, present, and future of some of America’s favorite toys and games.
- Toy Unboxing – Be the first to see some of the biggest toys of the holidays.
- Celebrity Guests – Meet Mindy Thomas, co-host of NPR’s “Wow in the World”, the New York Knicks, the New York Rangers, Toy Designers, and more!
- Show Exclusives – Score limited edition toys only available at Play Fair! You’ll want to set aside some space in your toy chest or shelf for exclusives you won’t find anywhere else.
- And a Race Around NYC – Take your Play Fair badge to dozens of shops, museums, restaurants, and landmarks to get discounts, goodies, and freebies all weekend long.
Sounds fun, right? But we have something even better!
While we can’t wait to share all the fun with you, wouldn’t it be better to see it for yourself? You can join us! We’re giving one lucky Adventures in Familyhood reader two free tickets to Play Fair 2017 in New York City! YOU can be the first to get up close and personal with this season’s hottest toys!
The winner will receive two comp codes that can be entered at www.playfairny.com at checkout to receive your free tickets. Contestants must be from the U.S. or Canada and 18+, and the two tickets are for one winner only. Winners must provide their own transportation to New York City and to the event.
Use the widget below to enter. Good luck! We can’t wait to see you there!