In 2017, Disney discontinued the Disney Vacation Account program. This was a way to save for a Disney vacation that offered perks like gift cards for the money you spent using the account.
While the program is no longer offered, here is how it worked while it was in effect. If you had an account and any funds were in it, you should have received a check from Disney to close the account. Questions about old accounts can be sent to [email protected]. For more ways to save for a Disney vacation, check out these posts:
- 10 Best Ways to Save Money on a Disney Vacation
- How to Save Money on Disney with a Target REDcard
- Save Money on Disney Dining with Tables in Wonderland
- 3 Easy Ways to Kick-Start Your Savings Right Now
- How to Successfully Complete the 52 Week Savings Challenge
- Review: 102 Ways to Save Money For and At Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World Resort
- Disneyland Resort in California
- Disney Cruise Line
- Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
- Adventures By Disney.
- Estimate your Budget
- Create a Savings Plan
- Start Saving and Monitor Your Progress
- Book Your Vacation
The Disney Vacation Account program is currently offering an incentive that rewards you with a $20 Disney Gift Card for every $1000 applied to a Disney vacation purchase using your account. (Your account must be open for at least 120 days to be eligible).
We used the Disney Vacation Account to save up for a Disney Cruise. The process was painless and those email reminders even kept us on track!! We earned $100 in Disney Gift Cards and used those on another Disney trip!!